Friday 10 February 2012

Final Narrative Illustrations

 Here I have done 3 Final Narrative Illustrations for James and the Giant Peach. For this, I was inspired by Jan Pienkowski who's style is using Silhouette's to create his work. For my first narrative piece, I chose to use the quote from the book about when the parents of James died by being killed by a rhino. I chose to use a dark red background as it's a symbol of anger, there is death of the main characters parents. The second Narrative piece, I chose to use the quote from the book where James and his Aunties were looking up at the dead tree with the peach growing off of it. I used the oval tool to create a circle then a circle inside and then I filled them with white and then used the feather tool to make it look like the moon behind clouds. I then chose to use a dark green background as it is night time and it was a neutral colour because of it being night time and their happiness as there is finally something growing. For my third final Narrative piece, I chose to use the part of the book where Miss Spider was creating a hammock like bed for James to sleep in made from thread. I chose to use a orange/peachy colour for the background as its the inside of the peach. I also chose to use the pen tool to draw the sides of the peach and then filled it with black as it is at the front of the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment